Saturday, February 13, 2010

WOW! Can I say, "WOW!" again? WOW!


It's time to repent, again! So just to let you know beforehand, I had asked Dustin to send me a lovey card for Valentine's Day. I even said an e-card would do. Here it is the 13th and I hadn't received my card yet. So then, Dustin and I were talking on the live messenger and I was feeling kind of sorry for myself because here I am with 4 kids, getting no sleep and Dustin is on vacation when he says to me, after talking about going to dinner with
adults(!) that he got a massage. Hello? Excuse me? A massage? Here I am wishing for 4 hours sleep in a row and he's out to dinner and a massage? Needless to say a serious pity party was rockin' the Douberly house!
THEN THERE WAS THE SOUND OF MY DOORBELL RINGING....
It was the FEDEX guy.
He had me sign his little doohicky.
My package was from a flower shop!
Ooh, we ripped it open to find these lovely flowers, chocolates, and a super sweet card inside. The flowers are gorgeous and just what I needed on this pity party day. Dustin had already sent me the beautiful blue pearls in the photo. I thought that those were my Valentine's gift before today. Ooooh, am I spoiled or what?
So, THANK YOU, HONEY! I LOVE THEM!
p.s. I also opened the chocolates, looked at the little "map" and chose my favorite, the milk chocolate caramel. I popped it into my mouth expecting to bite into it's chewy goodness only to find it was rock hard...completely FROZEN! I should have expected it but found it very humorous! How long have I lived here? Duh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He better have gotten ya something good, you definitly deserve it this year! And the nerve of him to brag about going out to dinner with adults and getting a massage...boys, they have it made. :) I'm guessing that he'd trade ya shoes in a heart beat though for the chance to be home with the kids. Some days it'd be nice to be the one at work, while they're home with the kids.

Michelle said...

How sweet! you got yourself a good guy :) We just went out for ice cream yesterday.