Sunday, June 5, 2011

Horseback Riding in Jamaica!







Dustin really wanted to go horseback riding for one of our shore excursions. We chose to go riding in Jamaica. It was much more fun than I thought it was going to be. We first took a ride around the ranch and polo fields, then up into the hills around the ranch. Finally we got to ride the horses into the ocean! The horses were beautiful and healthy and our guides were superb. All of the guides were polo players on the ranch and were so comfortable around the animals. I was truly impressed. Prince Charles used to play polo here when he visited in the past. On part of the ride there was a steap drop off to the left and my horse wanted to walk right along that edge. So much for me leading the horse! The guide kept telling me that the horse wouldn't fall but he finally hopped off his horse and pulled mine over to the right until I was good to go again. I was very grateful for while I put on a brave face and laughed at the horses disobedience, I was very nervous we were going to go right over that edge and into the jungle!

No comments: