Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon, thanks to Tropical Storm Lee


Tropical Storm Lee has been turning our Labor Day Holiday weekend into a stay indoors and get things done kinda weekend. Yesterday, Dustin fixed the broken seatbelt in the van and helped me hang six shelves in our family room closet for our food storage. Those are two jobs I am soooooooooooo happy to have accomplished. We've been putting them off for ages and it's super that they are off the To-Do list. The rain kept us indoors again today. We went to church, of course, and headed to the base chapel to enjoy Break the Fast with the Airman who cannot leave the base or who are hear for training without transportation. It was super fun. I think we'll have to do that every fast sunday. This evening Dustin got the Lincoln Logs out of the attic and he and the kids built this amazing "lodge"! It's pretty impressive. I like quiet evenings like this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man I remember hours of fun with Lincoln logs at my Grandparent's house. I'm gonna have to see if they still sell them, it'd be a great Christmas present! Today is the day we're effected by Lee...we had plans of going to the beach but are sitting at home bored instead. What a waste of a holiday weekend!