Saturday, February 13, 2016

Welcome Lacie Elisabeth Douberly













We welcomed baby number five one full week late on January 29, 2015
Miss Lacie Elisabeth was born at 8:21pm weighing in at 7 lbs. 13 ounces and measuring 19 inches long. She wasn't very anxious to come. I had to be induced and it was a long day...almost 12 hours, but you were out with only 2 pushes. Unfortunately, Miss Lacie had already had a bowel movement and the pediatrician rushed her right away from me after birth to help her get breathing. It was a long wait for me. I had always held my babies immediately after birth and Dustin had gotten to cut the cord. There wasn't time for that in this emergency situation. After what seemed like forever, you finally cried. I was so relieved. Dustin was able to trim the cord down and give you your first bath. The big kids joined us the following day after school and got to meet their brand new sister. The first couple of days she continued to spit yucky stuff up and often gagged. I felt so bad and I couldn't rest because I felt like you needed help each time. I was so grateful when things settled down later that evening.

No comments: