Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt...



That somebody is our princess Jenna, aka Tiny Tim in honor of the holiday season. Last night our boys were playing "monster", meaning one boy runs and hides while the other one is the monster and tries to get them. Well, Jenna got in the way and one of our boys came in and jumped on her. Since Dustin and I were both downstairs we'll never know which boy it was but the trama fractured her tiny tibia and she'll be in a full leg cast for the next month. I think it is so sad. She's taking it pretty well. After a few days we can help her learn to walk on it but until then she is my little monkey attached to my hip. Neither Dustin or I have ever been in a real cast so it's hard to believe Jenna's got one at just 2 years old. I'm very glad that her holiday photos have already been taken. My next assignment is to see what clothes she can wear. Considering it's 0F outside right now shorts are defintely out of the question!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, the poor thing! That's soooo sad! Luckily it's not summer time when she'd want to be swimming and running around outside. I don't know how but none of us five kids broke anything growing up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed our luck contiues with our two kids! Hopefully she handles it well since she's so young and doesn't know any better - good luck!

chelsie miasnik said...

oh poor jenna i feel for you i'm glad your still smiling it's ok you'll be fine i was told it heals better the younger you are so good luck i love you guys

Anonymous said...

Hey Douberly's! We got your Christmas Card today, thank you so much!!! It was a blessing to hear from you! I am glad to see that you all look so happy!! Thank you for the address to your blog; I hope that we can keep in touch now!

March 21... BOOKMARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR!!! =D If there is any way possible, I would love-LOVE to have you as a part of our sealing!