Friday, April 24, 2009

My Latest Project


Since I have been pregnant I haven't had the energy to sew or craft very much. Now that I am well into the second trimester I am finding the inspiration to tackle a few projects. I started this dress for Jenna last Saturday but right in the middle of gathering the sleeves my sewing machine went on the fritz and I had to take it in to be fixed. I got it back yesterday and finished this up today. She wasn't all that cooperative for the photos- lots of jumping up and down in excitement that I am sewing again, I'm sure, so the photo is a silly one. She's still the cutest girl I know, though! I've got another project all lined up- capris and a matching top. They are going to be just smashing. After that I am going to use some of my stash (a whole chest of drawers full!) to make her some summer shorts. Shorts at the store are just too short and the Children's Place had t-shirts for less that $4 a piece including the shipping so I just bought several colors to go with the shorts I plan to make. I think she'll be happy- I've got Strawberry Shortcake, Ariel, and Care Bears fabric down there! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I hear ya on the bootie shorts...I learned real quick to buy Ashlyn a size bigger so they're long enough. Thank goodness they have the adjustable waists nowadays to cinch 'em up so they don't fall off. It's going to be awful when they are teenagers if toddler clothes are such an issue! :(

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I wish I had some talent like that! I can't sew for ANYTHING...

Michelle said...

very cute! what pattern is that? If you have another boy, I can load you up with fabric...and only one chest of drawers full? that's all? I think Dennis would be happy if that's all I had! We had to buy another big storage thing for my overflow fabric

ShannonD said...

It's Simplicity 3511 and technically it's on backwards. The pattern calls for 2 buttons on the back of the dress. The tiny little bodice is the same front and back and I thought it was cuter with one button in the front. I then went and got another button that was the same as my big pink button only bigger, ran a clear pony tail holder through the button holes and voila! she has a matching pony tail, only you can't see it in the photo. Super cute!

Michelle said...

thanks! I don't own that pattern (yet) ... I think. I may have to make it for lizzy.