Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Only Kind of "Icy" I Like is Spelled Icee!




Everything here is Great Falls is covered in ice! I don't think I've ever seen it this yucky before. We ventured out yesterday because Henry had a dentist appointment. It was crazy. On the roads in Base Housing I had very little control over my van. I would turn the wheel and straight we would go. Once we got out of Base Housing and onto more travelled roads we were good to go. Then, we tried to come home. Yeah, we got stuck! I couldn't get my van to make it up my slightly slanted driveway and into the garage. We could make it part-way up but then, even with the brake pushed to the floor, we would slide back. Finally I gave up and just left the van where it was and got the kids out. I was not happy. Lacie came over and saved the day with a bag of lovely scented kitty litter and we made a path for the tires and finally got it put away. It's still icy outside and there is no hope in the forecast either. In fact, there's a 100% chance of snow today. That'll be a nice addition to the thick sheet of ice outside. The 10 day forecast has nothing over 25F so I think it's going to be here for a while. Is it gonna be Spring soon? The first day of Winter was just yesterday, you say? Heaven help us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look on the bright side...that means you'll get a white Christmas! That last picture you posted of the tree covered is awesome.

Michelle said...

Ohh that is just awful. Dennis keep saying he doesn't mind snow. I need to make him read your blog so he can remember! Ben's wearing shorts today :P