Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strawberry Jam







A couple of weeks ago we passed a man selling strwberries from the back of his truck in a parking lot on the way to and from school. I think I passed him for 3 or 4 days before the temptation was just too strong. I had to buy me some fresh strawberries! I have many fond memories of my mom in the kitchen canning all kinds of wonderful things. I canned several things when we lived in Georgia, but then we moved to Montana where most of the fruit is shipped in and I took a break from canning. This was the first strawberry jam I had made since I was about 12 years old. I had to call my mom several times for tips and tricks! I also had to go and buy all kinds of canning tools that I had gotten rid of, so this turned out to be some expensive jam. It's super yummy, though, and totally worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy! I went to the work of making strawberry freezer jam last summer for the first time and even baked homemade bread to go with it...only for the kids and Rick to say they don't like homemade jam and next time just to buy it at the store. Wish I had people who would eat it cause it sure is yummy, I'm soooo jealous!