Monday, July 18, 2011

Choose the Light- Girls' Camp 2011




Let me start out by saying I had a great time at camp and that I love the girls from the Biloxi Ward! We had a great time...when we made it a point to have a good time. Camp itself was a mess, to be polite. Heck, it was held at Camp Special, what could be expected? I had to put out a fire IN A SWIMMING POOL for heaven's sake! Overall it was poorly thought out and didn't follow the plan prescribed by the handbook at all. Leadership took the phrase "adapt as needed" and ran with it as far as they could. The only reason I would ever go back would be to make sure the girls of my ward had a good experience despite what was placed before them. But enough of that! The Biloxi girls rocked camp! We were the ONLY ward to be on time to everything, to fulfill every assignment as it should be, to be the hardest workers, and we had the BEST skit ever! I am sad that some of my girls are moving away soon. Thank goodness for facebook!

No comments: