Sunday, November 25, 2012

Halloween 2012






My mom and I make a great team! She came out for three weeks in October. I don't know why I didn't take any photos. We stayed super busy the whole time! I wanted Kelsey to dress as a Roaring 20s Darling since her bobbed haircut was perfect for the era. We were thrilled to find a homemade flapper dress at a thrift shop but it was about a size 12! Just a little big for a three year old. Then, at about the same time, mom and I  both thought about just cutting the top off the dress, putting elastic in the new top edge, and putting the old straps back on. It worked perfectly! While mom was sewing the elastic and straps, I used the scraps to create a matching flower to go in her headpiece. Oh, My! She looked too perfect! It was just as I had imagined. We had a ton of fun making the costume and even more fun showing her off. People in the stores were so cute. One man in the BX even asked her to do the Charleston and was surprised that we had already coached her on the dancing. Away she went a-dancing! So cute! Jeff was a total sweetie and wanted to be Daddy for Halloween. Jenna, always the princess, looked stunning in her costume, too. Henry, for some reason was no where to be found at picture time. I think he may be growing up...

No comments: