Friday, March 7, 2014

Welcome to 2014...Finally!











January 3, 2014

We left the kiddos with our friends, the Hoyts and jumped on the train to Venice. I didn't really care much for Venice. To me, it's like New Orleans, completely over-rated! It's nice to cross it off my travel list, but I would rather be in Verona any day. We chose to walk the city instead of seeing it by boat. We visited St. Mark's square, the Basilica (lovely!), and the Rialto Bridge. We were very glad we didn't bring the kiddos...Venice is not for children. There are a million bridges with a million steps going up and over them. We didn't mind, but I couldn't help but think of how the children would have reacted! We'll be sure to take friends and family to Venice when they come, but I won't be heading back there for the fun of it- that's for sure. I am excited to head out to the islands of Murano for their glass and Burano for their lace however! 

No comments: