Sunday, June 15, 2008

Alright, alright, alright...I don't hate Montana! (A Happy Father's Day message)

Alright, I admit it. I don't actually hate Montana. It's not Montana's fault that things kinda stink here. Oh, no, I am not going there again! I think there is some "rule" out there about not writing when you're mad. Maybe not, maybe it's don't write when you're cold. Either way, the weather has warmed up CONSIDERABLY and that makes me a much happier military wife asked to live somewhere, well, less than desireable. Yes, technically we accepted this assignment when we could have stayed in the warmth of the Georgia sunshine but one thing about this job made it one we could not turn down: Right now, Dustin is Non-Deployable. No Iraq, no Korea, no Afghanistan, no Kuwait, etc, etc, etc. Three more husbands from the Ward will be leaving soon for even less desireable assignments than we have. Therefore, I must stop complaining. Dustin is staying right here. While I hate (there's that word again) to admit it, I would rather take Montana's wicked weather for the rest of my life than think of my sweetheart, and the Father of my children being far away at war, especially at Father's Day. And while that won't be an option and eventually this assignment will end, and eventually it will be our turn again to deploy, right now I am happy that he will be home tonight on Father's Day and not in the Desert. So I send a tribute out there to all the Dads who are somewhere out there so that I can be here, even though it's Montana. Happy Father's Day to Dads everywhere. God Speed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good reason to enjoy Montana! I'm sure thankful for people like Dustin who are willing to do what he does for our country and wives like you who support him. That's something that I couldn't do, so I'm thankful to those who do on our behalf.