Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Mom taught us never to say hate...

...but I hate Montana!
Here is Henry, last Friday, on his last day of school. June 6, 2008

Here are my same beautiful flowers this morning. June 11, 2008

I had to run outside before 7am and attempt to save them in the garage with a hair dryer. It was taking forever so now I am just hoping for the best. So, yeah, this place stinks! As I was seething in the shower after my early morning snow adventure I tried to think of reasons that just might make someone want to live here. Here are my ideas....

1. If you want to dress entirely in camouflage clothing and then cover it with a flourescent orange vest and hat, go out and kill innocent wildlife, and gut it while someone stands watch so that a bear doesn't come rip you to pieces and steal your goods then you'd fit right in here.

2. If you'd like to ride your four-wheeler on city streets with regular traffic without a helmet, then come on over.

3. If you like snow so much that having it fall, on a normal year for 9 months and have the possiblity of falling all year 'round, then move here!

4. If you want to run the risk of hitting a deer within the city limits of where you live, then awesome!

5. If you wanna grow wheat, this is your kinda place.

6. If you want to have a Meth problem or be offended by the nasty "Don't Use Meth" billboards, move to Montana.

7. If you want to drive 3 hours to the nearest Olive Garden, Great Falls is your town.

8. If you want your kids to play outside at school until it hits 0F and know that they will never get a snow day because if they did they'd only go to school in July and August, then fabulous.

9. If your life's passion is to study the life cycle and mating habits of mosquitos, heaven awaits you in Montana.

10. If you like the idea that nothing in town is more than 14 miles away and you like saving gas, then move to Great Falls. Oh yeah, that one is mine! (My one and only!)

I cannot believe that I woke up to snow today. So much for Henry having his last T-Ball game of the season tonight. Now I don't have any excuse for not staying home and cleaning my house. After 2 weeks of company I guess that's probably a good thing!

Hope you're enjoying better weather than we are!

Shannon


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap is all I have to say about your weather! What the heck! We were just commenting last week that our pool is already too warm for the year and that it feels like bath water. And I LOVE your Montana comments - my parents live in eastern Montan and that place is awful!

Lacie said...

With all those nasty words about Montana, I'm sure you have meet some awesome people there that make it tolerable!!!!!

Michelle said...

Well, I dunno. My kids would trade you for the 80 percent humidity with 90 degree temps!

PappaSistas said...

oh shannon... it's hard when the winter snow ruins all the optomism you may have woken up with that morning.

it was so great to see you and your gorgeous family. thanks for the campfire time.