Friday, November 7, 2008

Pure Nerd

So, as I mentioned before, I went to a little get-together on election night. Before I got there the hostess mentioned to the other guests that I hold an elected office here in Cascade County. When I walked in I was greeted with questions about what the office is and what I do for the County. I was talking to one girl, who shall remain nameless, about wanting to be the mayor someday and how my involvement in politics started in High School and continued into my PSU days. Anyways, she said something like, "So your husband knew you were a nerd." I was caught a little off guard but thought, I guess politics can be nerdy. Never really thought about it much before. Then tonight I came across someone's blog who mentioned a Nerd, Dork, or Geek test. I was all over it. Here are my results. Please know I took this test in all honesty!

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Pure Nerd
70 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork
For The Record:A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of:

Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful. Congratulations!

To take the test yourself visit the following link.
http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-nerd-geek-or-dork-test

I'm off to start a new book. It just so happens I got four from the library just this past Tuesday!
Good Night!

5 comments:

DeAnne, Terry & Samantha said...

So, of course I had to take the test to see just how I compared to you...
I too am PURE NERD! (Big surprise!)
70% Nerd
30% Geek
30% Dork
I picked up some extra points in Geekiness but you beat me in dorkiness.
Thanks for the rude awakening-I always knew I was a nerd but never a geek or a dork. Thanks for putting me in touch with that side of myself!

Unknown said...

I guess I'm "cooler" than you and DeAnne both!! :) Just joking! I had to take the test of course as well. Here are my results.....

39 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 17% Dork

Michelle said...

i'm only 50 percent nerd hahaha

what office do you hold?

ShannonD said...

I was elected the precinct captain for House District 24A in the Montana House. My name was on the ballot last Spring. Really, I am a gopher for the elected official, Brian Hoven.

Michelle said...

that still sounds really interesting. I would have wanted to save the ballot just to have a copy for my scrapbook ;)