Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Few Photos from Hawaii

Here I am on Waikiki Beach.

My mom and I at a scenic overlook on the way to Diamond Head. That's Coco Head in the background.

This is my Dad and I on our Whale Watching Excursion.


Me on the boat.

This is a hammerhead shark fin. We saw it on our whale watching trip. It was pretty cool.
We all had a great time in Hawaii. I am glad my parents finally got to go. We did all the touristy things. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which I think was the highlight. We went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. We sunbathed on Waikiki Beach. We saw Dolphins, Humpback whales, and our shark. I went snorkelling. We visited Pearl Harbor. My mom's celebrated her birthday in Hawaii. For her birthday, I researched the location of where Magnum P.I. was filmed. Magnum is her absolute favorite show. We tease her that it's not real. But Robin's Nest, the house where Robin and Magnum lived is real and it's on Oahu. We had to get there by the beach. It's run down but it's still there. Even the lagoon made of rocks where Magnum swam laps is there. I thought it was pretty cool to find. My parents took the majority of the pictures so when I get copies of theirs I may post more and I haven't developed my underwater camera yet, either. Anyways, it was a fun trip. I can't wait to go back and spend a week doing absolutely nothing but lying on the beach!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's where we went on our honeymoon! We stayed at a fancy hotel on Waikiki for 2 nights and then had a tiny house we rented for the rest of the week right on Pounders Beach not too far from the temple and stuff right there in Laie. Beautiful! The Polynesian Cultural Center was one of our favorite things to do as well. I'm sure you loved soaking up the sun, talk about a nice break from the crazy Montana winters! Next to your pictures you have the current weather and it says it 12 degrees in Montana...too bad ya had to come home! :) Can't wait to see more pictures.