Monday, August 17, 2009

Hopefully, Jeff's learned his lesson...


My poor Jeff. As Dustin and Jake were getting ready to head out of town, the boys rode their scooters down to Jake's house while Dustin rode his bike around the block. I thought the boys were walking down there but they grabbed their scooters and rode without helmets without me knowing. I had forgotten to tell Dustin that Devin had told me Jeff's scooter was a little messed up (maybe from a teenager jumping off the curbs with it? :) ) Well, his handlebars were no longer aligned with the front wheel and poor Jeff's face hit the pavement. He just kept going on to Jake's though and didn't come home to tell me. Jake found him outside his house all scraped up. Jake cleaned him up, though. I felt so bad. It looked terrible. Needless to say, we had a good long talk about why we wear helmets and I kept checking on his throughout the evening to make sure he didn't hurt his head on the inside, too. He sure heals quickly though, as I write this you can barely tell anything happened and it's only been a week. He was a trooper through the whole thing. Me, I would have been a mess if my face looked like that!

No comments: