Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our first attempts at the front yard...



When we bought our house there were several things we thought we wanted to do with the yard. I want people to want to take pictures in my yard it looks so awesome. I decided, however, to wait until Spring to see what comes up and what blooms, etc. Well, down here Spring is in full swing. Some plants are lovely, some I am giving more time, and some got the heave-ho (the pretty, yet extremely poisonous oleander, for example)! Our jasmine is to die for right now! Oh, how wonderful it smells. I am always amazed at the smell, it's so spectacular! I am especially happy that we got the crepe myrtles pruned in time. I was really wanting to get that done before it was too late. I can't wait to see them come in this summer. They were gorgeous last summer and I hope they are even more full than last year. I am wanting to take several photos of our front tree to see just how much it grows in such a short time so expect more photos of this tree in the future...

No comments: