Friday, February 21, 2014

The Rides!









July 27, 2013

When we were young, we did not go to the fair to ride the rides. It just wasn't something we did. They were always there, on the other side of the fairgrounds, but we didn't even go over there. I can remember one time riding the purple octopus with my older brother David. I was very small as I remember him holding me tight because when he didn't hold me I slid back and forth on the seat. Anyways, DeAnne's husband, Terry, has exactly the opposite Fair memories. His family went to the fair to ride the rides...he didn't even know there were animals or exhibitions! Too funny! Well, we had no intentions of riding the rides on this trip to the fair. They were super expensive, but while we were waiting for Grandma and Aunt DeAnne to come out from the quilts a stranger came up and asked the family if we wanted their "leftover" ride tickets. We said sure, thinking it was just a few, but they gave us 36 tickets!!! These things were a dollar a ticket! It was enough for us each to choose one ride. The kids had a great time! 

No comments: