Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby Names...



Here is Jeff this morning all ready for his first day of Preschool. Doesn't he look darling? Yesterday he and I worked on his homework and I was sure to put Jeff D. on everything because there is another Jeffrey in his class. Well, when we got there today we found out that the other Jeff is Jeff Dodge. Another Jeff D.? The crazy thing is that there are 2 Henrys in Henry's First grade class, too. Now, I am not one to choose popular names so how did this happen? Well, I've decided it's gotta be a fluke...I went to the Social Security Baby Names Website and looked up both boys with their birth years and neither one even made in into the top 100! I just hope this doesn't happen again! Getting back to Jeff- he had a great first day at Preschool and when we got into the van after school he told me that he made a new best friend today but couldn't remember her name. He can't wait to go back on Friday and play with her again. Too cute!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny! Blake has 2 Blakes in his class and 3 Wills! Luckily all the last names start with something different! I'll have to check out Blake on the website you mentioned and see how his name ranked that year as well. We've only known one other boy named Blake, so we were surprised to see one in his class this year. Blake thought it was hilarious!

Eames said...

Too funny! When Katya went to first grade there was another Katya in her class!!! There were 6 first grade classes!

What are the odds of there even being a Katya in the school let alone her class!

~Jen

Michelle said...

believe it or not, Emily has only had one year where she's had another Emily in her class! None of the other kids have had duplicate names. I only know of one other Karoline besides mine and coincidentally, the two girls share the same birthday! what are the odds of that?

Unknown said...

I looked up my kids' names for the year they were born...Blake didn't even make the top 1,000 names that year, but Ashlyn was #140. I would've thought his name to be more popular than hers.