Friday, September 12, 2008

Dad Made the Base Paper!


Today our Base paper, The Guardian, printed an article about the members of Team Malmstrom who are training for this year's Air Force Marathon. This is the picture from today's article. There's Dustin third from the left. You can click on the following link to read the entire thing. http://www.malmstrom.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123114967 The marathon is just about a week away at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. Dustin has been running a lot- more than I'll run in a lifetime, I know. Last Saturday he put in a 20-miler. He's pretty excited about the whole trip. It's one of those things on his list of things he's just gotta do. Only now he's setting his sights on a Triathlon in Boise this coming June. I've been teasing him lately because he's been having a lot of "haftas". Like I "hafta" go running or I "hafta" go get these energy things at the sports shop. I just told him after this marathon, which is also a little 4 day vacation from Great Falls, that it will be my turn for some "haftas". The sweetheart that he is, he just says, "No Problem!" Another neat thing about this trip is that Dustin will get to visit with my brother, Doug, and his family who works as a civilian on that Base. He hasn't seen Doug since my sister's wedding in the spring of 07. We've heard his son, Jared, is over 6 ft tall now and I can't wait for the pics to prove it! Getting back to the article...They will be running a part two of this article after the marathon with all the results. I'll be sure to post that link also.

No comments: