Monday, September 1, 2008

Not my favorite outfit, but a pretty great calling!


Doesn't this look like fun? Here I am helping one of my Scout's little brothers give it a try. I am really enjoying working in Cub Scouts in my Ward. We do a lot of playing and I still get to go to my classes on Sundays. This past week was our Raingutter Regatta and End of Summer Pack meeting. Right now I have 5 boys but 2 more have moved in during that last 2 weeks and 2 more turn 8 before the end of the year and one more boy could be moving over from the school Pack now that our Pack is functioning. It's pretty exciting. We can do a lot more with more boys although it means that much more work. I can't believe how much there is to this and how much more I still have to learn. I am pleased with our progress so far- one boy earned his Webelos, one completed their Religious Square Knot patch, one his Wolf, 2 their Bobcat, 3 earned the Leave No Trace badge over the summer and 2 others are super close to finishing other things. We have definitely been busy, that's for sure!

No comments: