Monday, September 1, 2008

Just when I think I just might be up for Mother of the Year...


Here's Henry- off to First grade at Chief Joseph School. His first day was last Wednesday. I thought I was doing so well... I had cleaned out my dead summer annuals and put in my Fall mums so the front porch would look nice in photos (sorry you can't see 'em in this photo), we were all up on time, happy, and ready to go, I had steamed Hen's shirt and Dad had combed his hair just right, we had a good breakfast, and were ready well before bus time. So we sent him off to the bus stop after he told us he didn't need help once he got to school and I sat down with a friend to help her get her Family Home Evening Exchange packets ready. We were sitting in my living room cutting out keys to the Priesthood when she let me know that they qualified for free lunch this year. LUNCH? (Here's where my nomination goes out the window) I hadn't sent Henry with any lunch! Luckily Dustin went in late that morning and had time to run some lunch money over to the school. Maybe I'll get that award next year. I doubt it, though, because all growing up my mom mentioned that award pretty often but I don't remember her name in the paper and she was, and is, a FABULOUS MOM!

No comments: