Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Safe & Sound



Dustin has arrived and has settled into his new digs at Al Udeid Air Base outside Doha, Qatar. He has a roommate for now, but that may change when he makes rank in December. He was able to hit the gym today as well as eat lobster for dinner. There are lots of fun things to do there and I am excited about some of his future adventures. He can go to the beach, he can go snorkeling and sailing in the Persian Gulf, there's a pearl market to visit, and he mentioned he can go to a mall bigger than the mall of America. Does is sound like Dustin is on vacation? It kinda does, doesn't it? Well, he's not really. He still has to go to work 6 days a week and has to be away from us for a very long time. I just hope he makes the most of it. It's hard on both of us but after the trials come the blessings, right? I sure hope so. I am already seeing how much I really do love Dustin and how much I need him everyday. Not so much I need him to help me work, but that I need him as my best friend. Anyways, I am getting all mushy here and should probably stop. :) I'll keep you posted as I learn more about how he's doing. I don't have an address yet, but I should have one soon. I do know that Christmas packages have to be mailed by the 10th of December in order to arrive on time. Good Night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i can't imagine. Hang in there. Make a paper chain or something...marking off the months, then the days.

Martines Family said...

Hey, Mike went there 2 years ago. I think it was a great place to be deployed. I felt very safe with him there.
Love ya & miss ya
I remember being the single mom and how is just made me appreciate real single moms. It wasn't that long for me though. I hope you have help and support.
Colleen