Thursday, September 13, 2007

While the cat's away, the mice will play...

Sooooooooooo, I went out tonight for a quick meeting at church. I came home at about 8:20 or so. It's a school night so my precious children should have been winding down and climbing into bed. But what did I find when I came home- a party house! Dustin was grabbing up kids and saying, "Get upstairs, get upstairs!" with a huge grin on his face, a movie was ending on the computer in the living room, there were traces of popcorn and candy wrappers on the floor, two children were colored blue, and the other one was naked! Meanwhile Dustin just keeps laughing like he's gotten away with something. The whole situation was terribly funny to me, too. I pretended, though, like they were all in really BIG trouble. I couldn't really be mad- He did do an awesome job tonight. They were headed up to bath, hence the naked child, the kitchen was clean, the blue marker was technically my fault since I did leave it out after a Primary project, and everyone was happy. Nights like this are why Dad is the hero and mom is, well, mom. We're just happy that Dad's schedule is back to normal and that he's not deployed so nights like this can happen. Yeah for Dads!

No comments: