Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Numero Uno!




I won! I won! I won!

Oh, I mean Dustin's sqaudron won! Dustin's squadron won! Dustin's squadron won!

Dustin called and asked me about 2 weeks ago to help with their squadron's giant christmas card. It's made on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. I have made one before and knew it was a big job. It got even bigger when Dustin's squadron commander made a few suggestions. I designed the card and Dustin did all the cutting for the dimensional parts. He got a new tool and a new skill in the process. We painted together although it was mostly me on the artistic parts. I knew we had a quality product, but after they announced 3rd and 2nd places I thought we were out of it. Then they announced us as the winners and I was so excited! Dustin went up on stage to accept the $250 prize and then, of course, he called me up there in front of everyone! We get to have our photo in the base paper and I am glad the squadron made their money back. The project cost about $75 and I was hoping they would win one of the prizes to at least let it pay for itself! And it did! I am so happy for them and me!

No comments: