Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ardastra Gardens





Our final stop on the cruise was Nassau, Bahamas. We also chose to take a tour of the city which included a fort and the local zoo. Here we are at the Ardastra Gardens, Zoo, and Conservation Center. The Gardens are famous for their trained flamingo show. It sounded fun to me. The birds really follow directions like left face and right face, stop, and march and they respond to a whistle. It was pretty cute and the birds are so tall. Part of the show was audience participation. A lot of little children were volunteering so I sat back even though I wanted to participate. When none of the children in our section volunteered I went ahead and ran out there. The premise is that you have to stand on one foot and pretend to be the prettiest flamingo. If you're not doing a good job a flamingo will come and tap you on the shoulder. Very cute. I got tapped before we even began! It was really fun and the birds were so pretty!

No comments: