Friday, February 25, 2011

Woo-Hoo!


Dustin surprised my mom with tickets to see Gladys Knight while she was here for my mom's birthday gift. Mom and I went and it was so much fun. She is a great performer, even at 66! Her brother, one of the original Pips was also there. One of my favorite songs of all time is Midnight Train to Georgia and it was awesome to see her perform it life. Loved the concert! Loved the "super fans" who were going crazy at the concert, too. She was so personal with the audience. She even took requests, shook hands with people, hugged people, called people out from the audience and sang a version of Happy Birthday to all those who were there celebrating a birthday. How cool is that for my mom..."Yeah, Gladys Knight wished me a happy birthday and sang to me!" Way cool!

No comments: