Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Summer Vacation Part Eleven- Heading Home!






We have been away from home for a long time. While I love visiting family, I was defintely ready to head home. We brought my nephew Devin home with us so that he could spend some time with us and have an adventure away from home. His brother Cody was at High Adventure and would be joining us later in the week. We took our time heading home and made lots of fun stops we normally wouldn't have made. We drove the Columbia River Scenic Highway and saw lots of waterfalls. We stopped at Wahkeena falls and walked to the top. We also stopped a the Bonneville Dam Fish Hatchery and saw some super huge sturgeon. It's crazy how big those things are! We also got to stop at a great park in Arlington to see Dustin's cousin Travis and his family while the kids went swimming in the river. Boy did they have fun! We spent the night in Spokane before driving the rest of the way home with a picnic/swim stop at Frenchtown Park in Montana. Home looked so wonderful as we pulled in! It is so nice to be home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how big Devin is! I haven't seen any of your nieces and nephews in so long I doubt I'd recognize any of them. Home sweet home, ya gotta love it! It's always fun to go on vacation, but it's just as fun to get back home and back in the swing of things. I can't believe how long you guys were gone for - talk about a marathon!