Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Summer Vacation Part Nine- The Oregon Zoo



Portland has a great zoo. I failed to mention before that my brother Dennis was also in town with his whole family while we were there. They live in Alabama and we hadn't seen his wife or kids since we moved from GA three years ago. They have 6 kids now. Well, we decided to take Grandma and myself, my three (one with a broken foot), my brother and his wife, his six kids, my sister, her husband and her daughter, and Devin and Cody (teenage cousins) all to the zoo together. Devin and Cody were wonderful at helping keep track of kids and boy did it seem like we had a lot of them! We did lose one of Dennis' but he did the right thing and ended up at the gate with staff where he was found safe and sound. The photos are of me and and boys feeding the Larikeets. It's my mom's favorite activity at the zoo. I really like it, too. It's so neat to have them fly right up to you to get a sip of yummy applejuice!

No comments: