Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Summer Vacation Part Three- Painting Grandma's House




Last year Dustin's mom had asked us to paint her house for her. Actually, she mentioned it needing painting and Dustin volunteered. Then we got pregnant with our little princess and so it turned into Dustin painting the trim, fixing the problems on the main part of the house, and painting those parts to match the yellow. He worked sooooooooooo hard. I had no idea what he was getting into. It is a huge job! Pamela wanted to go gray and she let us choose the shade. We lucked out with Dustin's cousin having a friend at the Sherwin Williams who got us an awesome deal. Since I couldn't paint, I weeded all her flower beds and planted new flowers. It was really fun and I think it looks great with the gray paint instead of the black. It was all done by the time Pamela threw a baby shower for me and the baby. I don't have any photos from it but Dustin's cousin Jeannie should be sending photos soon. It was a lovely evening, with prayer holding off the rain!

No comments: