Monday, August 23, 2010

And a chorus of angels sang from above...



...the day the moving truck pulled up in front of 6511 Cypress Drive!

The Douberlys officially pulled chocks and hit the road to Mississippi on July 30th 2010. It was a beautiful day. The sky was big, as it always is in Big Sky Country and the farmers were out in the fields harvesting the wheat. I was pretty emotional as we pulled out of the base for the last time. I teared up a little bit in relief, I think, that it was finally over. I had made it. It had not been an easy 4 years, but now we were moving on to something new, something hopefully better. The coolest thing was, as we pulled onto the highway headed East and out of town, the song
Lover, Lover came on the radio...

Well the truth, well it hurts to say,
I'm gonna pack up my bags and I'm gonna go away
I'm gonna split, I can't stand it
I'm gonna give it up and quit, ain't never comin' back
Girl but before I get to goin' I got to say
I know you used to love me, but that was yesterday
And the truth, I won't fight it
When the love starts burning you got to do what's right
Wo-Oh, lover, lover, lover
You don't treat me no good no more.
No good no more, more, more, more.
Lover, lover, lover you don't treat me no good no more
Anyways, the song goes on to say how she treats him so COLD and he's outta there...just like we are outta Montana. So it get's even better. Right was we passed the "Welcome to Mississippi" sign one week later...guess what song started on the radio....You got it "Lover, Lover"! Too funny! So we're here now. It's been three weeks, but I am getting ahead of myself. There's lots of other catching up to do before we talk about our new digs.





No comments: