Monday, August 23, 2010

South Dakota and Mt. Rushmore
















We spent our whole first day of driving to make it to South Dakota. We arrived in Spearfish, SD very late at night. I was surprised in the morning to find that South Dakota is actually quite beautiful. I had never been there before so I was excited to add another state to my list. We drove to Mount Rushmore that morning and crossed another "must see" off the list. We told the kids we were going to do something fun that day. As we were leaving the park they asked what fun thing we were going to do. Goofy kids! We drove on from there and made it across the state. We went to church in Sioux Falls, SD and then had a short day of driving to just outside Kansas City, MO.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooo I LOVE Mt. Rushmore and the firework show at night is AMAZING! We went with my family when Blake was 18mth old. He doesn't remember it at all, so we can't wait to go back for him and Ashlyn to see it. There's a lot of fun things to do in the area and some awsome caves that we took a 3 hour hike/tour through.