Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crabbing, Part 2

After lunch we followed the ambulance driver's advice and tried another pier a little ways around the bay. It was super crowded, but for good reason...people we catching crabs here! We pulled up lots and lots of crabs, quite possible the same ones over and over again, but none of them were big enough to keep. I was happy about that because I really didn't know what we were going to do with any that were legal to take. They can really stink up a house when you cook them and you drop them in the boiling water live, which I think it just plain awful. Anyways, while it was a little cold out in the wind on the pier, the kids had a great time trying something new.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooo, I agree with ya on the mean factor of dropping the live crab in the boiling water...and the stinkiness factor! I always made Rick pay to cook them at the places they have on the dock/pier and eat them there instead of taking them home.