Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Looney Tow Truck Driver!







On Monday, we drove around Kansas City, MO and as we were about to head East across the state the truck decided to blow up. Ok, maybe not blow up, but all of a sudden is put out this huge, and I mean huge, plume of white smoke. It was so big that I could not see the truck at all. I didn't know if I was about to run right into the back of it. I hit the brakes and pulled into the median on the left, just in case. The people in both lanes behind me had to hit the brakes, too. Once the cloud cleared we could all see Dustin pulling across all 3 lanes and onto the far side of the road. When it was safe, I headed over there, too.

Now, this week just happened to be the week of a record breaking heat wave in this area and it was stinkin' hot on the side of the road. Dustin got on the cell phone and we put all the kids and the dog in the van with the AC and a movie on. Could you image us all sitting out there in the heat? While Dustin was on the phone with USAA, a truck driver happened by and helped us out...for much cheaper than I thought it would be! I entitled this entry, Our Looney Tow Truck Driver, because that was really his name! T.A. Looney! He took it to a shop nearby and the rest of us went to find a hotel. We had no idea how long we were going to be stuck in Missouri. It turns out we decided to turn in our tow dolly for a small trailer, tow the new trailer with the Ranger, and ship Dustin's truck to Mississippi. We were able to get on the road the next day. Here it is 21 days later and the truck is just arriving today. Hopefully Dustin will be able to fix it fairly inexpensively!

No comments: