Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to the ER, again!

Kelsey 4-7-10
Kelsey and I had quite the adventure last night. We were all sitting in the living room finishing homework and packing backpacks when Kelsey, who was in her exercauser, started choking. I ran over to her and pulled her out of the seat. She was covered in peaches and I felt bad that I didn't know when she had thrown them up. I looked in her mouth but couldn't see anything. She was trying to cough up what was stuck but then suddenly swallowed it. I asked the kids if they had given her anything to eat or any small toys. They all said no but Jenna looked guilty. For the next half an hour Kelsey kept throwing up until there was nothing left. She looked sallow and wasn't acting like herself. That was it. I called the Kingfishers and the big kids ran over. I ran Kelsey to the ER where, of course, she acted completely normal and didn't throw up again. They did an x-ray just to make sure. They couldn't see anything in there, but plastic doesn't show up clearly on an x-ray. I am hoping it was food and just digested once it got down there. All I know is that she was choking and then throwing up for a half hour. The Bishop and Brother Kingfisher came to the hospital and that was comforting. She seems to be fine today. Now I get to check all her diapers for treasures which will just make each diaper change all the more fun! I cannot wait for Dustin to get home!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww!!! Poor thing! I hope she feels better!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I would've freaked out! Way to be calm...Dustin owe's you BIG time when he gets back. You've earned a TON of R&R.