Tuesday, April 13, 2010

If only you could feel this photo...


It's April. It's mid-April and we're having our usual, rediculous Spring Snowstorm...like those two words should even be said together. Our neighbor has already shoveled once this evening. The only proof lies in the small piles lining the driveway. You certainly can't tell otherwise. The snow is simply tumbling and swirling every which way, up and down, round and round, as though it can't decide quite what to do. The snow is like the weather in general...we are supposed to top 60F on Friday. Where does it do that? Snowy and 30F on Tuesday to Sunny and 60F on Friday? It does it out here all the time. Do you know how tired I am of the pile of snow clothes by the front door? Do you know how tired I am of the line of snowboots that lives by my front door? Do you know how I hate sending my boys out in this nastiness month after month? Do you know how tired I am of dragging poor Jenna into places from parking lots, her little legs going as fast as they can while I juggle the car seat and purse and diaper bag? This weather, this place, sucks the life out of you. I never thought I could hate a place as much as I hate Montana. Bears are so very, very smart. They just hunker down and sleep through all of this. They get to get fat all summer long, the fatter the better, eat it up, every last morsel. Then they sleep all winter long and awaken all slimmed down just in time for pool season. Yep, bears are smart. Alright, I will stop complaining now. It's certainly doing me no good. Hopefully, if you are lucky enough not to live here, you will see how nice you have it. Like that old adage, "I once complained about the price of sunscreen, then I moved to a place that had no sun."

4 comments:

DeAnne, Terry & Samantha said...

You are HILARIOUS!!! Can I convert to "Bearism"? I would love to eat all summer long and then have it magically melt away...Sadly, I will have to keep counting points and hitting the gym. Otherwise, people will have to shield their eyes when they see me coming this swimsuit season!
Hang in there-only a few months left!
We love you, Sister!

JayShay said...

I remember covering my plants more then once in June while we lived in Montana. And while I don't miss the snow, I sure miss the people! Hang in there!!

Walter Family said...

I think the picture at the bottom of your blog that says "Welcome to Big Sky Country" should be switched with this one. It is more realistic. The picture at the bottom must have been altered somehow. Or, it was taken during the only 3 weeks of nice weather we get here. Did you pull that off a tourism page or something? Anyways, I don't know why you are complaining. This will probably be one of the last snow storms you have to deal with for a loooooong time! You should be laughing at the other losers you are leaving behind that have no end in sight...like ME!! I did thoroughly enjoy your bear philosophy though, that was funny!

Unknown said...

Okay the bear thing...hilarious! The quote at the end about sunscreen - priceless! I hate having to pay for it here, but I would much rather pay for that than winter clothing. Rick gets really mad having to pay the power bill for our couple of weeks of winter - "Ya shouldn't have to pay to stay warm when it's miserable out side...isn't that paying enough." I'd like to say it's probably the last storm you'll have to deal with before ya move, but I think you had snow in June last year - not that I'm cursing you I hope. Can't wait for ya to join us back in the South! :)